I always worry about jamming up everyone's feed with house pics, but then people ask me for them a lot and my favorite pics online are Before/After House type pics so here we go! Round 2! We are about 2 weeks into the renovation. It has been going really well and fairly fast.
A quick rundown:
- Demo ( removing all the carpet, old floors, and wallpaper and some walls, and all the existing kitchen and bathrooms)
- Building up the living room floor
- replacing the old subfloor ( it was not suitable for laying hardwoods. )
- rebuilding one of the stair cases
- can lights installed
- Hardwoods have started going in. Office, dining room, and power room are complete. Living room, kitchen and hallway are partially complete.
- old Termite damage
- plumbing in a wall we were removing
- stairs not built properly so once carpet was removed we had to rebuild them
You can compare most of these pics to the previous post.
Living Room: Building up the recessed floor. I liked the recessed vibe, but for safety and re-sell reasons and overall better flow , we decided to bring it up to the other floor.
Kitchen: No more cabinets, floor removed, lights in, wall gone.
Playroom: MAJOR difference without all the wallpaper and chair rail.
Guest room. Painted, carpet removed.
Dining Room : Painted, hardwoods in.
Office : hardwoods in, wet bar removed.
Master Bathroom : Gutted. Walls removed to create more space and add a shower. This room is gonna be crazy different. YAY to having a tub again :)
A look coming down the foyer stairs. New floors, and chair rail gone.
New stairs coming out of the playroom/bonus room. These stairs are SO pretty! From the top of the stairs everything looks new and bright and light and I love it!
Coming Up :
- Bathroom Fixtures being installed
- Dry wall/framing work
- Fireplace stonework
- I can't remember the rest!
Over all we are really enjoying everything and watching it come together. I don't anticipate being done by the time we move in. I think we will be lucky to have cabinets and unlikely any countertops. I didn't want to order anything until we closed so that time frame was just too tight. I am OK with that because I think we kept our expectations realistic, and let's be honest... ain't much cooking going on around here these days anyway...
I underestimated how many tiny decisions would be involved. I have a million pinterest pics and I can say " I like that" but then when asked a detailed question like, what type of tub, what size, what brand faucets, this stone or that one.. etc.. it's pretty overwhelming. Mostly because I just worry if I am making the right decisions but I guess time will tell.
If anyone has any recent appliance shopping experiences or feedback I would love to hear that as I am ordering those this week .