So.. I mentioned earlier about the groupon and stylist. I have had lots of events lately that I do not have the clothes for because I so rarely need cute outfits , and honestly spent more time buying clothes in size 2 or 3T and toys for the past year that my closet has suffered. All of the work stuff has inspired me to get more serious about my overall "look" .. so I snatched up the groupon for $50 for a 2 hour closet audit with the stylist and then she picks out outfits with shoes and jewelry and make syou several cute looks and takes pics and gives you a "look book" of outfits in what you already own. I hate trying on clothes so that was some work but I learned a lot!
- start with a good foundation ( underwear). I finally resolved to get fitted for bras this year which I have never done in my life, and in addition got a good strapless bra that can be configured to different style shirts, and some shapewear. I can not believe I am buying/wearing shapewear, but overall your look is much sleeker and it helps push down my gut. She actually told me I should be wearing a cami under everything.
- She gave some nice honest feedback and told me what didn't look good on me and why, which clothes I should pitch and which ones I should keep.
- She pointed out some basic things my wardrobe is missing,for instance some pewter or silver sandals. (Anybody know of a cute pair?)
- She suggested belting some things which I never would have thought of or would normally do
- and she made a pile of things that need altering and is putting me in touch with a person who does great alterations.
So here are some pics of the outfits she put together. My fav is the coral shirt with my cobalt blue jeans. I NEVER would have thought about pairing those but I love the way they look together.
Here is an outfit that needs a cami!
So over all it was fun and I learned a lot. Not something I need on a regular basis but I feel like she gave me some good direction and feedback, as well as helped with some direction on what I should and should not be shopping for!