(FYI: kashi is better since they do not contain any corn syrup) but still... I wanted to try and make my own for health as well as financial reasons.
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F
- 2Mix all of the above ingredients except the jam into a crumbled texture.
- 3Divide in two portions. Pat half into an 8 x 8 pan.
- 4Top with your choice of jam or jelly.
- 5Crumble the remaining dough over jam evenly.
- 6Bake for about 30 - 35 minutes until light brown.
- 7Cool completely and cut into squares.
The problem with this was it still was not too healthy and was a little bit chunky.
My next try was today. I changed it up by putting all my dry ingredients in the food processor and blending them to a fine powder before adding the butter. ( I always use real butter) and then instead of jelly I bought a organic fruit spread that did not have any added sugars in it. I substituted half of the flour measurements with milled flax seed.