Weight: 25.4 lbs
Size Clothes: 18 Months & 24 mos.
New Tricks/Milestones :
* Scooting. He still is not crawling but he covers good ground while sitting up! Its an odd move. He is still using his go go gadget arms to retrieve things. He has gotten into position to crawl, then sat there for a minute and then sat back on his booty again, as if to say " Nah... I'll try that another day"
* Screeching to High Heaven. He mastered screeching a few months back, but he is MUCH louder now than ever before!
* He has finally started reaching for me. I kept wondering when he would do that.
Toys & Baby Gear:
In the beginning of the month we went to my parents and they gave us a lot of my nephew's old baby toys. We are now officially over run with toys! But I find it very fun! I don't know why, but I love to watch him play with toys.. it is just so neat that he went from a tiny blob with no hand control to this little person who sits up, makes faces, laughs and loves toys! He has discovered some things from that bag of toys he enjoys!
* The Pop Pop
* Hello Bee Book
* Playskool Pop Up Toy
Things we use most these days are still the Playmat, Einstein exersaucer, The Flair Highchair, and our stroller!
Favorite Non Toys:
* My Car Keys and Wallet
* Watching the cars drive by our house
* remote controls
* Pretty much any object he can put in his mouth!
*boogie wipes or travel wipes package. This provides great fun. I do not understand it!
Eating & Food:
I have decided that at 9 months he will be introduced to more flavors like spices/herbs etc and also will be learning to eat finger foods. So far so good.
I don't use finger foods as a meal replacement, I just give him a small portion to practice with every day before his meal.
Here he is with Avocado! He Loves Avocado so that went really well but DANG it is messy. I have to remind myself that there is nothing wrong with making a mess and just let go because its no big deal to clean it up.
Cloth Diaper Update:
* still using pocket diapers with regular inserts during the day.
* Using disposables in size 4 at night because of how much he tinkles.
My boy still wakes up at night, generally about twice... 3 am, 5 am and goes to bed at 7:30 pm. He tries to wake up at 6 am these days, but his normal wake up time is 7 or 7:30 am. He naps like a champ at 9 and 3 Usually for 2 hours but sometimes only 1 or 1.5 hours. if he wakes up I just let him get up. Before his nap time we put him on his tummy and let him watch a show ( that way he stays on his stomach without fussing) but he gets a GREAT work out floundering around like a fish so that when we put him in the crib for naps he just passes OUT. Sometimes within 30 seconds of laying him down, and usually without any crying or objection.
9 Month Photo Shoot: My boy is a camera HAM!